Tuesday, September 22, 2009

RECENT NEWS:

Fall 2009

Welcome to my blog, thanks for your support and now for a little news:
  • SAVE THE DATE - "ACE YOUR ACTING AUDITION" by Liz Ortiz-Mackes Book Launch, hosted by Drama Book Shop on Oct. 22, Please click on the link for an invitation. www.socializr.com/event/718808371
Yes, I wrote a book thanks to the encouragement of my dear friend Franz Reynold of the Screen Actors Guild Foundation. "ACE YOUR ACTING AUDITION" is based on my cold reading workshops which focus on quick, transformational tips to take your audition to the next level.

Please drop by the Drama Book Shop on October 22nd at 6PM to celebrate the book's launch.
If you'd like a copy of the latest press release, send an email to someproductions@gmail.com

I also have to give a heartfelt thanks to the amazing Cahill Connolly who not only runs the office as my casting associate but did a fantastic job of designing the book.
Cahill is also a very talented headshot photographer and I recommend you contact her for a complimentary consultation, cahillcast@gmail.com

On the casting front currently airing is:
ONLY CLICK ON THE ABOVE LINK IF YOU LIKE TELEVISED GROSSNESS
(Not for nothing, I will never watch this show, I am too damned squeamish)

Currently Screening are the following films we cast:
  • Zombie Honeymoon screened Governors Island Alliance, Post Factory Films NY and SlamDance.
  • Medicine Man directed by Himkar Tak, screening at 2009 Urban World Festival:
    http://urbanworld.bside.com/2009/films/medicineman_urbanworld2009#screenings
  • The Camera's Eye, directed by Wendy Shear is in post-production. The Huffington Post interviewed Wendy Shear and lead actress, Kate Forsatz.
  • The Cycle, directed by Roy Clovis Jr. is in post production and featured a stellar cast and crew. For more information log on to www.mundolocofilms.com
I also had the pleasure of being Associate Producer on Medicine Man and The Camera's Eye. I'm discovering that producing is an extremely creative and gratifying art and we plan on working on more projects in that capacity. We have 3 feature films in development which look like they will be made within the next year. I'll be sure to give an update as these projects evolve.

In the meantime Happy Fall and if you haven't already please join our Facebook group Casting Solutions, and follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/LizOrtizMackes


All the best-
Liz & Cahill
castsolutions@gmail.com
www.castingsolutions.tv
www.cahillconnolly.com

1 comment:

  1. Hey Liz! Welcome to the Blogworld! Tonight, I Will make sure to spread word about Casting Solutions going viral on my online world! Looking forward to some wonderfully funny blogs!
    Mavis

    ReplyDelete